Thursday, February 03, 2011

Joy overflowing

I am humbled tonight. Humbled that God is so good and so gracious that He has allowed me, over the last few months, to see miracles unfold before my very eyes...

True miracles.

By the very hand of God.

"For you make me glad by your deeds, LORD; I sing for JOY at what your hands have done." - Psalm 92:4

Last summer, I watched a dear friend open her heart and her home to another person's child. She and her husband, who were in the midst of the foster-to-adopt program, took a beautiful 6 day old baby boy into their care. A baby with a long list of concerns and issues. I watched her struggle, I listened to her fears, and I saw her great determination and love for him grow with every passing day. I had a front row seat...watching God refine her as she tackled enormous hurdles and fought on his behalf for the best possible care for him.

And, on December 29, he officially became theirs...


I have never been to an adoption proceeding.

It was one of the most amazing things.

I have had many friends adopt, but to actually walk alongside someone who has gone through the process...seeing their hard work, tears, struggles...and then watching their joy become complete when the judge declares that he is theirs...is truly something.

And as I was processing with with Sammy and Caleb on the way home, I couldn't help but think of these verses:

"For He chose us in Him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in His sight. In love He predestined us for ADOPTION to sonship through Jesus Christ, in accordance with His pleasure and will-to the praise of His glorious grace, which He has freely given us in the One He loves." - Ephesians 1:4-6

What an amazing God we serve!

Two days ago, my family joined many, many other friends and loved ones in another great celebration.


After 2 1/2 months, Baby Myles was at last coming home. Even as I write this, tears are streaming down my face. I am so honored to have been a part of my dear friend's journey. There are no words to express how I felt that early Sunday morning, standing beside her hospital bed listening to her explain that her son was airlifted to Children's Hospital.

"When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me JOY."
- Psalm 94:19

And on Tuesday morning, there were again no words that could express my joy as Myles was brought home.

"You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with JOY,"
- Psalm 30:11


My heart overflows tonight.

"The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with JOY." - Psalm 126:3

3 comments:

gianna said...

He is so beautiful! I got teary-eyed, too!

Amber said...

looks like there is a theme of "joy" going on in both of our lives...
so happy to have you as a friend...

Betty Aust said...

I remember the mom at the park last summer with the adoptive baby. Praise the Lord for the love of life & for both babies & families! Prayer, touch & hugs, families & friends DO make a difference in each of our lives as well as precious babies!