Friday, January 11, 2008

10 inches...gone forever!



As you can tell by the above picture, my hair was getting a bit out of control. When one has a baby, a 2 year old, a very busy husband, graduate school, MOPS, BSF, youth retreats, the list goes on and on...there's not much time for doing one's hair. I decided that it had to go!

So I spent a wonderful hour hanging out with Krista (a 2005 graduate from our youth group) and she worked her wonders. I've never had hair this short before, but I really love it. It's easy to do, takes just a minute to blow dry, and is out of reach from my nursing son who LOVES pulling anything he can get his little hands on! My neck is rather cold though...I need to invest in some turtle-necks and scarves...but I'm really enjoying it.


It's crazy how something as simple as a hair-cut can make you feel. I love running into people who I haven't seen since before Christmas and hear them comment on my hair. I love whooshing my new, cute bangs out of my eyes and pulling them behind my ears. I love that I don't have to pull my long mane up into a pony-tail every day.

I know that I haven't made enough time for myself in 2007. So many other people and things (and even myself) have stopped me from connecting daily with God and making time to be refreshed and refueled. I've had some messed up priorities and have tried to fix our insane schedule in my own power. I've had some bad attitudes and complained and sulked way too much. And many of my shortcomings could have been avoided if I had just made the time for myself, for my husband, and for time to be at the feet of my Savior.

But, like my hair, 2007 is gone. But I have a fresh start...a clean slate. And I praise God that His mercies are new every morning...and that "the years the locusts have eaten" will not be a complete loss.

I just don't want any more years to go by with the attitude of "simply surviving," but I want one that is truly living and enjoying each and every day.

3 comments:

gianna said...

you are so adorable! I liked it when you stopped by our house after your insane flight schedule, but you're right! It looks awesome when it is done up! CUTE! Makes me think about chopping my mop! You inspire me, Jenny!

Jenny Aust said...

Thanks! I like it too!

Anonymous said...

Jenny, I love the hair cut. It looks so cute on you. Doesn't it feel great just to have a little bit of change.