Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Once in a blue moon...

Caleb is 2 1/2.

It is truly a miracle that both he and I have survived to this point.

He is ALL boy.

He thinks he can be completely independent of me and Brad.

But, he is incredibly sweet and cuddly at very specific and rare moments.

And he never hardly ever slows down.

But once in a blue moon...

I find him like this.


Now, granted, he's sitting on Sammy's babies high chair that he has been told repeatedly NOT to sit on...but...

he's so quiet and cute and...


...not running away from me.

Well, that is, until I finished clicking this last picture.


And then he was off and running again!

Oh well! Gotta get my exercise somehow!

5 comments:

Betty Aust said...

Hey, his shirt matches the book, color & all! So precious! I remember Brad sitting in a chair on Grandma & Grandpa Aust's balcony in St. Louis Park (Minneapolis area) at their condo watching for hours all the different trucks across the street working, digging, lifting, & moving while a new building was being built. Brad was in a trance & totally mesmerized for hours! The best babysitter ever. Cheap too! Caleb comes by it honestly. He'll be a blessing to you both as Brad was to us & still is to me. Enjoy him! I miss those times!

gianna said...

sometimes I say that I wish I could have my kids in pictures only (you know on those really hard days). It's so great when they are actually BEING who they are showing they can be in the pictures!
Hey, are you watching survivor this season? We missed the last two, but this one I think is going to be AWESOME!

ediegrogg said...

yeah it does seem like the rules fly out the window at special times like these... but this is what life is all about right? When God gives us glipses of Himself in our little ones...so quiet just waiting there for us to notice them/Him...and when we do; is so amazingly loving and joyfull:)

ediegrogg said...

If they were always quiet and peaceful, we might not appreciate it. Be glad that they run around..-Mike

Jess said...

I love that he's reading a truck book, and has a truck on his shirt. ALL BOY!!! And awfully cute too.