Monday, October 11, 2010

Like father, like son

My husband loves trains.

He really, really does.

He has this uncanny ability to know where all the train tracks (both the main lines and abandoned ones) are at all times on every, and I mean every, road trip we've ever taken.

And just in case you don't believe me or need further proof...

Have you ever been taken on a date to explore trains...you know, places that post signs that say, "No trespassing or violators will be prosecuted"?

I have.


Or has your husband driven out of your way on a road trip to explore train yards in other (4 that I can remember off hand) states?

Mine has.


Does your husband spend some of his free time taking pictures of train tracks?

Mine does.


Now that you've learned a bit about my wonderful, train obsessed husband...

meet Caleb:


Apple doesn't fall far from the tree, does it?

Caleb loves to go chasing after and exploring trains.

So on some Fridays...or any other time Brad hears a train whistle...the boys jump into our car and seek after adventure.

This place is somewhere Brad bikes to near our house. He often goes there during his Sabbath time. He's taken Caleb there once or twice.

And me...on one of our last date nights.

Surprised?

You really shouldn't be by now.


What can I say?

Some things are just genetic.

3 comments:

Jess said...

What a cute post Jenny. Look at the pure joy on Caleb's face where he's holding the... ummm.. railroad nail thingie. (Yeah we're not so into trains here)

gianna said...

I love your train track pictures! And your million bazillion comments on my posts. You have lots to say and you are welcome to say it whenever you want to!

Betty Aust said...

Yep, that's my son & grandson! Brad is more like his uncle Jim, his Dad's brother, who is a train fanatic. Now his Dad would go looking for baseball fields everywhere! But really, aren't they fun! I love this post! We all need an interest & a hobby to have fun with! Some people spend hours scrapebooking, running, swimming, eating, talking, sewing, playing the piano, golfing, etc. We each are unique!