Sunday, September 09, 2012

Do I truly believe?

If I truly believe that God is as big as He is and as great as He is and as powerful as He is and as lovely as He is and as truly delightful as He is, then why doesn't my life reflect...pronounce...radiate that truth?

How is it that I can go minutes, hours, days without meditating on Him and proclaiming how His very existence gives me joy and purpose instead of sorrow?

But when I allow myself to get caught up in the beauty and joy of the very character and existence of God, then the missing closet doors and kitchen in desperate need of remodeling and savings account that is shrinking become so small and minute compared to the utter greatness and vastness of God!  He is my joy...and my contentment is found in Him and not in this earthly home and the chaos of this season of life.

He truly is all I need.

"Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him."  - Psalm 34:8

No comments: