Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Precious, precious friends

I really think that I have some of the greatest friends in the world. I mean it. I don't even think that's an exaggeration. My friends have really been loving, helpful and a shining example to me over the last month.

When I picked up Brad's mom from the airport on June 10 (which was NOT something I had planned on doing), I decided (at the last minute) to go down to the Cities the night before and see some friends. Brad was gone anyways, and I really wasn't too excited about driving to the airport and back again (about 7 hours total) with two small children.


So Dacia let me crash at her house, and I got some much needed girl time while our kids played wonderfully together.


Dacia decided that we needed a picture of the two of us and not just cute pictures of our girls...since HOW many pictures do we have of US in our scrapbooks!


I was able to visit ReNae and Gianna (and little Dane) as well. It was very crazy and very fast, but those precious few minutes with friends were refreshing to my soul.


Then, about 2 1/2 weeks later, Brad and I (again, very last minute) drove down to go mini-van shopping. We asked Dacia if we could stay there, but that Olson hotel was already full, so Megan and Nic let us stay with them. And what a blessing!!! It was 4th Friday so I got to scrapbook with the girls while the boys put the kids to bed and played games at Nic's house. We had our own room, and the kids had their own space to sleep as well! But my friends' kindness didn't stop there! The next morning, Nic and Megan offered to watch our kids and take them to Lydia's birthday party so we could test drive vans.


We NEVER expected that, but what a blessing! It still took us almost 5 hours to drive all over the Cities and test drive vans, but our kids had a FANTASTIC time, and we drove back with a new mini-van...well new to us that is.


And Sammy STILL talks about Lydia's birthday party and swimming in the pool with Abbie and Mr. Andy holding her when she was cold. And even though I was sick shortly thereafter...as well as Brad, Lydia, and Lydia's grandma Irene, it was a wonderful weekend.

Sometimes I have felt disconnected and out of the loop because we live up here, and most of my college friends are down there, but I believe that no matter where any of us live or move to, God has made us friends and these friendships will not be easily broken.

2 comments:

gianna said...

You are a great friend! Your kids are so stinkin' adorable and I love how connected we still are!

Jenny Aust said...

Right back at you! And, you indeed have a handsome little guy!