Monday, April 05, 2010

What we've been doing...

I have been anxiously awaiting some sign of Baby Girl's arrival.

As of right now...NOTHING!

She's not being a very compliant child...

But the kids haven't been phased by this at all. They've been quite busy...playing. And playing quite well with each other, I might add.

Here's what they have been up to.

On the days that I just don't have the energy to actually take them outside for a real picnic, Sammy has been pretty creative with impromtu picnics indoors.


I swear Sammy has more imagination in her pinkie finger than I do in my entire body!


Oh, and please take notice of the "elephant" tent in the background. That has served as an "ark" and a "zoo" for all of their stuffed animals.

After finding all of the "baby" toys, Sammy had to test them to make sure they were "still good" for her baby sister. Organizing all the baby toys has been like having Christmas at our house!


One morning, Sammy decided that all her toys needed to have a "meeting." That's right, every pony, princess, and plastic farm animal had to attend.

It was all going really well, until Caleb decided his Lightning McQueen had to "break up" the party.

As you can imagine, many, many tears ensued....


Brad also has quite an addiction to cilantro. He is bound and determined to grow our own this summer. So he planted 2 pots worth of seeds.


The kids loved helping him. Because, really, what is better than playing with dirt!


So even though I am loving every moment I have with my two children, I really do hope Baby Girl decides to come soon.

My swelling ankles do too!

5 comments:

gianna said...

I LOVE how random this post is! I am waiting for my 512 pictures to download off my camera and then I'm going to bed.
This is the longest you've ever been pregnant, huh? You are doing great! OH, and I have been doing some thinking about what you asked me on Saturday and I will give you a call sometime this week (unless you have a baby, and then YOu better call ME!). I love you, friend!

Amber said...

Jenny! I laughed as I read this post because it so sounded like my life. I have some pics to post in a blog that I think you will greatly identify with as well...
You are such a treasure..
YOU are a wonderful Mommy and your new little baby girl could not be more blessed to have you. Keep up the good waiting. You are doing well. "It's not about how long we wait, it's about the attitude we have while we wait." -Debbie Gibson

"But those who hope in the Lord, will renew their strength." Isaiah 40:31
Love ya.

Jess said...

Kudos to Brad for giving the Cilantro a try. I hate to break it to ya, but that small pot is going to be WAY too small, and cilantro doesn't transplant well. If he wants it all summer, he'll have to stagger his plantings as it goes to seed rather quickly. Good luck Brad! And Jenny try to enjoy these last few days with your TWO kids!

Amanda said...

Oh good luck with your newest arrival... hope its ASAP!! Your kids are just adorable! And so smart!

Blessings-
Amanda

ediegrogg said...

sweet pics as always... Looking at this only today (after baby girl has arrived) it's fun to see the then and now of two vs three. Only two days ,I think, after you wrote this were you in the hospital! fun times love Edie