Friday, May 06, 2011

Happy birthday Hannah!

Almost a month ago, my baby girl turned one.


I tried hard to pretend it was going to happen.

It must have worked...

About a week before her birthday, we realized we should probably plan a little party for her.

It's called "the third child syndrome" people...and even though I don't have a medical degree, I have a year's worth of evidence for its existence.

So even though some of our friends weren't able to join us...sickness kept most of them away...we did have a couple little friends who were able to celebrate this special day with us. They brought one of Hannah's favorite gifts: a baby doll with eyes that open and close. She has been fascinated with it and calls it "baby" all the time!


Just in case you can't read this adorable onsie, it says, "Pretty like Mommy." Melanie, who sent this in the mail, won major brownie points from Hannah's mommy with this gift!


I decided a few years ago, after become quite jealous impressed with some other friend's amazing and creative ideas for their children's birthday parties, that I wanted to do something special for my children's birthday celebrations. So, after being taught how to decorate a cake during one of my MOPS classes (by one of our 14 year old students...who put us ALL to shame with her incredible skills), I decided making fun cakes was going to be one birthday tradition I wanted to repeat every year.


Hannah seemed to enjoy it!


Happy late birthday Baby Cakes! You are such a joy to us! You light up the room with your smile and laughter! You make my heart melt every time you say "mama"! You are truly a blessing, and I'm so grateful God brought you into our lives!

4 comments:

gianna said...

She looks so happy her cheeks look like they are going to explode! She is almost a cartoon character!

Jess said...

She really does look like a jolly little ball of perpetual joy. What a blessed mommy you are, my friend!

Amber said...

Oh jenny. She is such a little dolly. I just love her. Her smile lighys up the room. I was trying to figure out, who she looked like, I mean caleb is brad, and sammy is you...but Hannah, she is just all her own little person...i love it. :)

Betty Aust said...

Cute as can be! She is absolutely a mixture of both of you! Her smile is contagious. Anxious to see her, hold her, as I do with all my precious grandchildren!