Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Tales from the Mommy Brain Chronicles

I am so pregnant.

I mean, you can't really tell I'm pregnant...at least, I hope not yet...but I am still so pregnant.

Let me explain.

Brad and I were in the Cities this past Sunday and Monday. Brad had a conference at our church headquarters, and I tagged along to hang out with my AMAZING friends, Dacia and Gianna.

As a side note, the three of us spent all day together at Dacia's with our 8 combined children...ALL 5 and under. Oh, and if you count the babies in me and Gianna, that's actually 10 total. It was chaotic at times, but very fun! Here's a picture of lunch for the kiddos.


And this was just 7 of them! Dacia's little guy was still down for his nap.

Doesn't it look like Gianna was the kids' waitress? She did do a lot, and Dacia did too. I just sorta sat around and looked like I was in a daze most of the time...thanks to morning sickness. Oh, and Gianna made one of MckMama's recipes called Summer Corn and Bean Salad. Seriously, after most of the children were napping, Gianna and I ate and ate and ate it for at least 2 hours. It was REALLY good, and Dacia ate a ton as well...but you could definitely tell who the pregnant ones were!

Anyway, back to my story...

So, as I was changing Caleb's diaper Tuesday morning, (we do cloth diapers and LOVE it...I should blog about my love for cloth diapers some time) I realized I only had about 5 or 6 left and I had not soaked the diapers the night before. We didn't get home until around 10:30 and all we wanted to do was sleep, so it completely slipped my mind to soak them in the washer. So, around 9:00 yesterday morning, I turned the water on in the washer, added some Borax, and closed the lid. I decided to let them soak most of the day, and then finish washing and drying them so I would have diapers for the evening and bedtime.

Around 5:00, I remembered that they were soaking and proceeded to turn my washer to the rinse cycle. I heard the washer finish, and went back to the laundry room to add soap and start the wash cycle.

I grabbed my laundry detergent, filled the measuring cup, and dumped it in...

...TO A COMPLETELY EMPTY WASHER MACHINE!!!!

I had sorta forgotten to actually ADD the diapers when I added the water and Borax that morning. So I had been thinking all stinking day long that they were soaking and then proceeded to rinse NOTHING out in my washer.

When I called Gianna to tell her my story, she laughed and said, "at least you have a really clean washer now!"

Yes Gianna, yes I do!

2 comments:

Micah said...

When I was pregnant with Reese, I was in my second semester of nursing school, and one morning while getting ready for clinicals, I was putting on my white support hose, and noticed that one foot seemed very cold compared to the other. It wasn't until I got to the hospital that I realized that I had put both hose on the same foot, and the other was bare. I also left my books on someone's tire one day before class. I have no idea why I sat my books there, but when I came out, there they sat. Also, one night, I had to have my daily pop tart and glass of milk. I poured my glass, went into the living room, and had no milk. I went back into the kitchen, no milk to be seen. I opened the fridge and there was my glass, and opened the cabinet to find the jug of milk sitting amongst the glasses. My OBGYN called it placenta brain. :)

Paula said...

Thanks for making me laugh!
Praying that the morning sickness goes away soon!