Monday, March 01, 2010

Little Cindrelly...

If you were hoping for some great shots of Colorado in this post, you'll have to wait. Brad is still looking through his hundreds of pictures and will let me know as soon as he has narrowed down his favorite couple hundred or so...

This boy really does have a problem with taking too many pictures sometimes...

this coming from his wife that had to stop the car countless times so he could take "just one more picture"

AND

hike up with him to "the best picture spot" just one more time...with me being just 6 weeks from my due date and breathing quite heavily because of the higher altitude.

But he's really cute...so I'll let it slide.

...anyway, until he can weed his way through those pictures, I'll post about some pictures I took recently of our kiddos.

I LOVE my children! I love being at home with them. I love watching them play and learn and develop. Some days I can't wait until bedtime, but most days I really enjoy each minute I have with Sammy and Caleb.

The day after we returned, they were both completely enamored by all the toys they hadn't seen in 10 days. And it was a good thing too, since I had a lot of laundry, mail, and emails to work my way through...

Anyway, I couldn't help myself when, as I looked up from my work, I noticed the following going on.

And I couldn't help but think of the song those little mice sung....

"Cinderelly, Cinderelly..."

I still find myself smiling from ear to ear as I look at this picture of my little princess ironing her clothes.


And such attention to detail!


And, of course, little Caleb wasn't going to miss out on the fun.

It's a good thing we have two play ironing boards or there would have been real trouble that day!


Seriously...who would have thought I would have needed TWO irons and ironing boards!

Not quite sure what he was doing...maybe watering his shirt?


Oh, and we can't forget to finish doing the laundry. It's time to wash the clothes!


And let's not forget to sing while we work!


Now to dry!


Who would have imagined that housework would be so much fun!

2 comments:

Betty Aust said...

They are so much fun! They are just watching you, Brad, Grandmas, Grandpas & others & imitating! So it's not only what we SAY, but also what we DO around & in front of our children that matters! I'm glad you're enjoying & taking pictures of these precious times!

ediegrogg said...

that is sweet. Our children do pay so much attention to us, and I usually fail to sing while I work, unless there's a really good song on:).It puts into perspective all the little things we do to serve our family and our Lord. I long to have that much joy doing the laundry, maybe we should ask our children for some advice in this area once in a while.