Thursday, August 06, 2009

It's true what they say...

...the days are long, but the years fly by!



Being a mother of toddlers is exhausting! And some days, yes, I confess, I try to make the clock to move more quickly to 8:00 and bedtime so that I can get some stuff done around the house or just relax.

But, as Sammy gets older and learns more things (seriously, she can ride a bike--with training wheels AND swing by herself--when did that happen!!!) and takes small steps every day towards independence, I cherish each day with her more and more.

Even when she wants to sing her favorite Bible songs at the top of her lungs...in the clinic waiting room. Even when she wants me to play ponies with her..."just for a few more minutes, Mommy." Even when she gets up to go to the bathroom at night...at least three times.

I'll admit, some days ARE long, but these (almost) four years with Sammy have flown by!

2 comments:

Micah said...

When is Sammy's birthday? Reese (Pinky) is almost 4 as well! You have a beautiful daughter, God has blessed you with two very precious babies!

gianna said...

IT WORKED! yeehaw! i'm so glad i was so "help"