Monday, August 24, 2009

First ever...Not My Child, Monday!


Welcome to Not My Child! Monday. For the first time, I'm joining MckMama in sharing all the INSANE things my children have done lately. MckMama reminds us that while our children do wild and crazy things, we shouldn't be ashamed to share them with the rest of the world.

At least someone else can get a laugh out of how they drive us nuts!

It was NOT my little girl who, at a beach play date last week, came out of the water and stood in the middle of the beach and shouted as loud as she could, "I'm going potty Mommy!" so that EVERYONE, including ALL the people I did not know, could hear her clearly. Nope, Sammy would NEVER do that, especially since she was only a short distance from the bathroom!

It was NOT my children, who took insanely long naps until almost 5:00 p.m. this past Saturday and Sunday...the TWO days that we needed to get them out and get out of the house by a certain time. And, they couldn't have chosen to sleep late on a week day so that I could utilize their nap time! Of course NOT!

After two hours of taking wedding pictures this weekend (and doing a WONDERFUL job), Sammy did NOT say right before having to walk down the aisle, "Mommy, I'm all done," and sit and refuse to go down the aisle.


(She did finally agree to walk down the aisle after I promised her an ice cream cone when the wedding was done!)

It is certainly NOT my little boy who says, "car wash" and "gas" EVERY time I drive past a gas station. And he does NOT scream the words at the top of his lungs until I finally acknowledge that indeed we DID drive by a gas station. (And I mean EVERY gas station, people!)

My children, especially Sammy, do NOT cry almost every time I pick them up from the church nursery or children's church. Nope they are always SO HAPPY to see us, and always are ready to leave their fun little toys, books and little friends.

Nope, NOT my children!

2 comments:

gianna said...

my girls scream about water towers, but there are generally way MORE gas stations in a town than a watertowers. i am so sorry!

farmchick said...

Too funny! I love these "Not me or Not my child" posts!!! It's great to be "real"!!!