Sunday, August 09, 2009

Not Me, Monday...it's been awhile!


Welcome to Not Me! Monday. Once again, it's time to confess all those crazy, silly, and downright funny things we have done in the past week (or weeks, since it's been awhile)! Our good virtual friend, MckMama leads us always in our endeavor. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have NOT been doing this week.

Confession is so good for the soul!

When driving my mother in law to meet some family from the Twin Cities, I did NOT bribe my children to be good in the car by promising ice cream from Dairy Queen.

I also did NOT buy them a sundae to share, and then once we loaded the car, proceed to go through the drive thru and buy myself a peanut buster parfait and eat it in front of them while I drove.

Nor did I do everything in my power to keep them awake during the hour and 20 minute car ride back (even though it was close to 3:00 and WAY past nap time) so that I could put them down for a long nap when I got home.

And my sole purpose was not because I wanted them to get in a good nap, but that I WANTED to take a nap! (They did take a GREAT nap once we got home, by the way!)

I did NOT eat, over a one week period, eat three entire Hersey chocolate bars covered with peanut butter late at night because I was tired and stressed and overwhelmed and missed my hubby terribly. (Did I mention he had been gone 14 out of 20 days from July 18 through August 6?)

After watching five children, ages 1 to 4 1/2, for almost three hours, I did NOT eventually cave and put in a Veggie Tale video AND then a Dora video. Nope, I wouldn't have placed children mindlessly in front of a television.


At the Crow Wing County Fair, I did NOT let Sammy color and color and color in the old time school house (just because she did not want to leave the fair) and color and color until I almost screamed!


After both Brad and I were sick for a couple of days, Sammy's room did NOT look like this...for like two straight days...because I was so tired and sick and I really didn't care.


And here's the clincher!

I did NOT let Caleb wear a band-aid EVERY DAY...for over 2 and a half weeks...in the exact same spot...because he threw a fit every time it came off.

Don't believe me?


July 12


July 20


July 22


July 25


July 29...notice he's sporting TWO band-aids! Good thing they are cheap!!!

Happy Not Me, Monday!

No comments: