Saturday, October 24, 2009

How time flies...

On Thursday, my little girl turned 4.

I'm still trying to figure out where those 4 years have gone!

It seems just yesterday that we held her in our arms for the first time.


And praised God for giving us a perfect, little girl.


What a whirlwind those first few days and weeks were. Even though I was 28 and had been married over 6 years, I still couldn't believe I was a mom...and still couldn't believe they actually let me leave the hospital with her...without a nurse call button to push! I was terrified at times. I would lie in bed awake for hours just making sure she was still breathing.

But God was so good and granted me such patience as I learned to nurse and change diapers and understand her cries.

She was such a good little baby!


She was a great sleeper, great eater, and great traveler.


With each passing year I am amazed by her. She is full of spunk and fun. I can barely keep up with her imagination most days. She loves creating stories and ideas for play. She is currently playing with Caleb in her room. Her bunk bed is an ambulance and when I hear "whee-oooh, whee-oooh" I am supposed to come running with the doctor's kit and help her and Caleb who, I'm sure, will have a long list of injuries.


She is a GREAT big sister, and I can see that Caleb loves and idolizes her something awful! They play together so well, and Caleb can't wait to see her in the morning. I know that she will be such a big helper when her new baby brother or sister arrives in April.


She loves books, loves to sing, loves being with other kids, and loves doing school. Her capacity to memorize songs and Bible verses is amazing!


She is my little princess...

"Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from him." - Psalms 127:3

1 comment:

gianna said...

what a cutie!