Monday, October 26, 2009

Not Me, Monday!


Welcome to Not Me! Monday...a time to confess all the ridiculous things we have done in the last week. MckMama, once again, leads us in our time of confession and fun. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have NOT been doing this week.

Confession is so good for the soul!

It was NOT me who was irritated last week when, on two different days, a friend dropped by during lunch/nap time and threw off my schedule for the day. NOPE, I love having people drop by and NEVER put my schedule or my list of things to do above spending time with a friend.

I did NOT become very frustrated with my husband last week when he ended up working until after 8:00 one night. NOPE, I totally understand that his job in ministry is not a 9 to 5 job, and I am NEVER upset when he has to stay later at his office or hang out a bit longer with a student or chat with some parents who are going through a hard time. NOPE, I'm completely understanding and NEVER let long hours away from home make me mad.

The night before Sammy's birthday party, I did NOT stay up until almost midnight cleaning my house, prepping the food, and making a princess castle cake. NOPE, I totally know that sleep is more important than a clean house and that no one really cares if I make a castle cake or not.

The next morning, I also did NOT yell at my husband when he wasn't moving fast enough in helping me get the kids dressed and ready and fed. NOPE, I NEVER lose my cool, and never let little things like the sugar cones falling off the castle cake and breaking into a million pieces on my clean kitchen floor...or something like that...bother me in the least.

NOPE, NOT ME!!!

2 comments:

Betty Aust said...

Jenny, I've always admired how you get so much accomplished & have a to do list. More people should get motivated like you to get things done. You know your personality & that you are highly driven. I remember someone saying, "You need to run/do your to do list, don't let your to do list run you." Remember they said," People don't care how much you know until they know how much you care!" Jesus came to earth with a purpose, but he always took time for people. We need schedules, balance, & flexibility.

gianna said...

never! not you!