Monday, October 12, 2009

Not Me, Monday!


Welcome to Not Me! Monday...a time to confess all the ridiculous things we have done in the last week. MckMama, once again, leads us in our time of confession and fun. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have NOT been doing this week.

Confession is so good for the soul!

It was NOT me who invited herself and her family over to a friend's house last Monday night so that she could watch the Vikings and Packers game...since we get about 2 1/2 channels on a good day at our house. NOPE, I would never impose for the sake of a football game...one of THE most talked about games of the year...but if I did, I would certainly bring cookies to share!

It was also NOT me and my husband who planned our weekly date night around the Twins and Tigers tie-breaker game so that we could, again, be able to watch it on cable (of which we don't have). NOPE, NOT US! And we certainly did NOT spend over 2 hours at El Tequila and would have probably spent longer had we not have needed to get home to our babysitter because she had a previous commitment. Who plans their life around football and baseball? NOT me!

Last week after an exhausting and exasperating night at youth group, it was NOT me who tried to drown my frustrations with several large bites of cookie dough.

On Saturday, I did NOT wake up in shock at the snow falling outside our house. I did NOT throw a pity party and shake my head in disbelief. I also did NOT cave into my children's shouts of glee and allow them to play outside.




Because I was too cheap to get a sitter, I did NOT bring my children along while my husband helped move some good friends. And I did NOT spend 2 hours keeping my children from getting ran over by people moving stuff into their new house. I also did NOT carry only 1 box (I am pregnant, you know), but also eat 2 bowls of chili and 3 cookies...you know, because I did so much hard work!

I was NOT utterly lazy on Sunday and let my kids watch a movie because I was quite determined to watch a couple of episodes of Survivor on-line (one of only two shows I watch)...since we don't get CBS at our house anymore. NOPE, who puts their kids in front of the television so that they can get some peace and quiet and time for themselves!

NOT ME!

Ahhh, I feel much better!

Happy Not Me Monday!

1 comment:

gianna said...

oh, so TOTALLY you! :)
I miss you since we aren't puky 1 and puky 2 anymore! although, i almost called you on Friday since i was SO carsick! it all came flooding back! :)