Saturday, October 03, 2009

It's good to be back!

This morning I woke up feeling like myself again.

It was as if a fog had lifted.

The queasiness was gone, and even though I was feeling a bit tired, I had the energy (and stomach strength) to make my family breakfast, do two loads of laundry, put together a crock pot meal, start a meal for tomorrow evening, play with my kids, make two phone calls, clean my kitchen, and take pictures of my kids playing "sleepover" in their new bunk bed...


...we still have to get bedding and paint their room, but they LOVE their bed!


Oh, and apparently, my little boy needs ALL of those stuffed animals in his bed...good thing it's a full or there would be no room for him!


And, in case you were wondering, Sammy does need all those stuffed animals and blankets as well...especially since she dressed herself in shorts and a tank top today. (She hasn't quite caught on that it's 45 degrees outside!)

Oh, and did I mention I did all before 10:00 a.m.

Miraculous...

This pregnancy has been similar so far to my other two in one way. I woke up feeling sick day 1 of week 6, and I woke up feeling like my old self on day 1 of week 13.

It's like someone turned a switch, and I can function again...as opposed to laying in bed or on the couch all morning...and afternoon...and walking around in a daze the rest of the time. Dishes didn't get done, meals were not really fixed (well, if you count cereal, mac-n-cheese, or pancakes, then I did make meals every once in awhile), and the kids were left to play by themselves. One morning, Sammy even asked me, "Mommy, when are you going to be fun again?"

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

Over the last 7 weeks, I have realized how wonderful my children and husband are. Sammy and Caleb have played so wonderfully together. They have been so flexible and caring when I have felt sick. My husband has changed so many diapers because just haven't been able to handle it. He has supported me and helped me so much, and I am so grateful.

I am SO grateful this morning sickness seems to have passed, and I can get on with the daily needs and responsibilites of running a home, carrying for my young children, and being a present wife.

It is GOOD to be back!

1 comment:

farmchick said...

Glad to hear you are "you" again! Hang in there Mama!!!