Saturday, June 05, 2010

Out and about

It's been quite awhile since I last blogged. A lot of it has had to do with some sickness around the house. Sammy caught a terrible cough a couple of weeks ago. She was miserable and was up several times throughout the night. She in turn shared it her cough with me...

nice

...and I gave it to Hannah...

poor thing!

For over a week I sounded like a chained smoker and felt achy and had headaches most of the day. Hannah stopped sleeping through the night...

bummer!

...and struggled to nurse with her stuffed up nose.

It's been just lovely.

But aside from caring for the sick kiddos, falling into bed each night completely exhausted, and thanking my husband for letting me sleep in or take a nap, we have been enjoying our beautiful Minnesota summer.

At our youth workers retreat at Camp Shamineau a few weeks ago, Sammy spent an hour riding ponies in the stable.


My 4 year old remembered EVERY name of each pony she rode last year at camp...you know, when she was 3. She is seriously going to ask for a pony one of these years for her birthday.

Poor Caleb was completely tuckered out by camp and took almost a 4 hour nap one afternoon.


I love this picture...he seems so peaceful...and the best part is that he's not running away from me!

We've also been swimming quite a bit in our bath tub since the kids are getting quite filthy with all the outside activity.


I've decided that the dirtiness of the bath water is directly related to how much fun Sammy and Caleb had that day.

We're also spending countless hours playing on the swing set.

(Sammy's stuffed animals are enjoying the swing set too.)


Apparently Caleb doesn't realize he's not big enough to do the ladder and monkey bars.


Oh, and let's not forget the kitty that wandered into our yard one day. Sammy and Caleb had a blast...and spent the next 3 days begging us to get a cat! Sammy thought the cat needed to swing as well.

Interesting enough, the cat didn't seem to mind.


We've also been busy doing individual dates with the kiddos. Brad took Caleb to the train yard...which is tresspassing and just a wee bit illegal...but the boys had a great time looking at the oil cars.

Caleb was quite pleased with the railroad spike he found!


We also took a family walk to the local "Ma and Pop" ice cream stand near our house. The kids cones were 50 cents and our sundaes were a buck.






The kids seemed to enjoy it.

4 comments:

Jess said...

The first shot (Sammy on the horse) is just beautiful. Her face is so bright and happy. And that cat with it's leg hanging down totally cracked me up!

Thanks for sharing these.

Amber said...

Sweet pictures friend..
Sorry for the stuffed up baby and the coughing mommy. I know how much that stinks...
Annie got sick when she was about Hannah's age and breastfeeing got quite impossible for while. I pray it gets better soon.
She and you looked so cute in church today...
Love ya friend.

gianna said...

I bet you were dying of laughter with that cat. I laughed so HARD at that one!

Betty Aust said...

Ok, I'm a little late at commenting! Great pics & stories. I always love keeping up on my kids & grandkids lives since I can't see them weekly. I was scared to death of big animals at 4, so it amazes me that Sammy will get on a horse. No fear! Children can bring such fun & fatigue into our lives! I want to enjoy them while they are young as a grandma, too! Sammy & the cat & Caleb trying to keep up with everything is precious. I'm glad Brad took Caleb by himself to the trains! They both needed that!