Saturday, May 30, 2009

Food, fun, and lots of fellowship

During Memorial Day weekend, Brad threw me a graduation party.

Ummm, I should clarify that a bit.

I told Brad that it would be fun to have some friends over to celebrate ME finishing graduate school. Then I gave him some possible dates and a guest list. He then sent out evites, and let me know who was coming.

Then I made a meal and grocery list. And I cleaned the whole house. And I prepped all the food and cooked it. Wait, Brad did grill the brats, burgers, and hot dogs...and he did clean our patio furniture and get the backyard set up. (I should give him some credit.)

It was such a fun evening! Because it was Memorial Day weekend, some of our friends were unable to come, but we had such a great time with

Adam and Christina

Melissa and Jeremy

and Megan.

We sat around on our deck, ate some great food, and chatted and laughed while all the kids played.

See!

It was such a nice evening! The night ended with a campfire, some yummy smores, and visits from two of our neighbors. And I even remembered to take at least one picture of me...since it was my graduation party!


I am overwhelmed again and again by God's goodness. His blessings are endless. Not only has He given us His salvation and His Word, He has taken care of all our needs. He provided the money for me to complete graduate school debt free. He gave not only me, but my husband and kids the extra time, energy, and strength to finish strong. He has brought some wonderful people into our lives that we truly cherish. He gave us the money and extra help (thanks Dad!) to build a deck so that we can entertain more people. Just in the last month, a friend gave us a great swing-set, which not only my children, but my friend's children can enjoy. We also have an insane amount of outdoor toys because my brother so generously gives us hand-me-downs from my nieces and nephew.

God is so good!

"(I) will celebrate your abundant goodness and joyfully sing of your righteousness."
--Psalm 145:7

"How great is your goodness, which you have stored up for those who fear you, which you bestow in the sight of men on those who take refuge in you."
--Psalm 31:19

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jenny--

Congratulations again on your Graduation. I know that it is a big accomplishment, and I am sorry that we were unable to make your celebration. It looks like you had a good time!

Nickie

gianna said...

yeehaw! i'm so excite to come and see the swingset in person!