Friday, July 17, 2009

Friday Fave Five


Join me for Friday's Fave Fives, brought to us by Susanne at Living to tell the Story.

It's a time to reflect on the past week and count the many blessings we have in our lives!

1. Hanging out with the Tomans. Our good friends Brett and Tina were in Brainerd to visit this past weekend, and we had a BLAST reconnecting, staying up late playing games, and talking about taking a cruise together! We LOVE them and MISS them so much. Even though we hadn't seen them since last summer, it was as if they had never left...a sign of a GREAT friendship!


2. Sammy's sweet spirit. I am DAILY amazed by Sammy's sweet heart. She's been very loving toward her younger brother this week, and her prayers at meal time have been sweet, considerate, and down right adorable.


3. Spending time with Grandma. Brad's mom is visiting for two weeks, and both Sammy and Caleb have taken right to her. Sammy wants to show Grandma everything and do what Grandma is doing. After receiving a TON of rain, Mom began pulling some weeds in our landscaping. Sammy just had to join her! I am so thankful for Brad's mom and my parents and their influence in my children's lives!


4. Play dates at Whipple Beach. This summer, my friends have called me "the faithful organizer" because I have organized a play date almost every week. I love being outdoors during the summer...since we only have about 3 months of warm weather...if that...and my kids love being at parks with their friends. And I LOVE hanging out with my girlfriends while the kids play.


5. Having a "hired" dishwasher. Brad's mom is eager to please me and her other daughters-in-law and really wants to help when she comes to my house. And now, after having her come a couple of times for an extended period of time, we've worked out a lot of the kinks and have really good communication when she's here. She knows now that I just want her to play and enjoy her grandkids...and do my dishes. I do most of the cooking, cleaning, and organizing, and she can stick with the dishes and the kids. It's a perfect situation!

Praise God for His many blessings this week!

No comments: