Friday, July 03, 2009

Friday Fave Five...it's been awhile!


Join me for Friday's Fave Fives, brought to us by Susanne at Living to tell the Story.

It's a time to reflect on the past week and count the many blessings we have in our lives!

1. Playdates at the park. Even though Monday was a little chilly...note the sweatshirt and long sleeved shirts below...it was a wonderful day to meet with friends and let the kiddos "hang out"...


slide...

play with trucks...

and play with rocks. This picture was taken just moments before Caleb decided that rocks make a great mid-morning snack!


2. Saving at the grocery store. I LOVE saving money...and getting free stuff...and getting deals at garage sales...you get my point. This week I spent $32.27 at my local grocery store and saved $31.87! That's right! I got $64.14 of groceries for $32.27! That totally made my day!

3. Couples date night at Kart Kountry. Brad and I are in a GREAT "life group" at our church. It's made up of a lot of people our age (some with and some without children) who love to get together and have fun. On Wednesday, we all left our kids at home and went go-carting for TWO HOURS! It was so much fun! I'm not sure if I enjoyed racing next to Brad more or laughing SO HARD when people got spun out! A good time was had by all!

4. Playing with my kids. I cannot tell you what a joy it has been to play with my kids this week. I am very thankful that my parents took such good care of them for us last week, but man, is it good to have them home! We have had a ball playing everything and anything...especially Mr. Potato Head!


Don't you love where he put Mr. Potato Head's teeth!


5. Getting more projects done around the house. We were able to tackle a lot of projects last week when my kids were with my parents, but we were not able to get to staining our deck or wooden swingset due to rain. But I was able to finish staining the swingset and get a start on the spindles and railing on our 24 x 14 foot deck. It's may take me until the end of the summer to finish the deck, but at least it's been started!

1 comment:

gianna said...

i'm so glad you had a great week. sometimes it's nice just to live without all the drama, huh?