Sunday, June 28, 2009

Not Me, Monday!


Welcome to Not Me! Monday. It's a chance to laugh at ourselves as we confess all the crazy things we have done in the past week. Our good virtual friend, MckMama leads us always in our endeavor. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have NOT been doing this week.

Confession is so good for the soul!

I did NOT go on a date with my husband less than 90 minutes before we were supposed to be leaving on the our senior high camping trip...and leave the other youth pastor and his wife to finish getting ready. We would NEVER be that inconsiderate or be that incredibly selfish to milk every opportunity we had to go to Famous Dave's while we still had no children.

I did NOT stay up until almost 3:00 a.m. one night when Brad was still with our students because I was scared to be alone in my house. I did NOT wait until I could barely keep my eyes open just long enough to crawl into bed. I did NOT check the doors and windows twice to make sure they were locked. Nope, only a crazy person would do that!

My husband and I did NOT run a million errands (because getting kids in and out of car seats is NO fun), go out on one final date, take a long bike ride, and stay up late watching a movie the night before picking up our children.

I was NOT completely giddy the entire drive to Fargo to see my children after being apart of them for so long.

After running to my parent's van to see my kids, I was NOT upset in the least when Caleb saw me and said, "Dada?"

I also did NOT feel one bit frustrated when Sammy called me "Grandma" at least three times on the ride home.

I did NOT say over and over and over again to my husband that we have THE cutest kids ever!




On Saturday night, I did NOT allow my kids to continue to play in their kiddie pool (even as I watched the approaching storm clouds) until it actually started raining.




I did NOT let my children watch a 45 minute Dora video until past bedtime so that I could clean up my house. Nope, I NEVER, especially after not seeing them for TWELVE days, allow them to watch a video instead of playing with and enjoying them.

I am NOT the bit concerned that we have spent (just in the last 2 weeks) our entire "marriage enrichment" budget for the NEXT TWO MONTHS. Oh well, no more dates until August!

And I most certainly am NOT staying up until almost midnight writing this post instead of going to bed with my husband.

Nope, NOT me!

No comments: