Sunday, June 21, 2009

Not Me, Monday!


Welcome to Not Me! Monday! It's a chance to laugh at ourselves as we confess all the crazy things we have done in the past week. Our good virtual friend, MckMama leads us always in our endeavor. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have NOT been doing this week.

Confession is so good for the soul!

I did NOT wake up Monday morning and realize that I had nothing prepped for our two day project completing frenzy. So, my hubby and I did NOT make countless trips to Home Depot, Menards, Fleet Farm, and Walmart to find the perfect stain for some trim in our dining room...after the first 2 attempts failed!

I also did NOT skip the staining and move straight to a painting project and realize we had loaned out all our brushes and other paint supplies to.....who knows! Once we figured it out, we did NOT wait another 1/2 day to pick up our "lost" materials, and therefore waste almost one of Brad's very precious vacation days.

While we were driving around town and rushing to complete projects, I did NOT forget to stop and prepare ALMOST EVERY meal for myself and my husband. My little alarm--A.K.A. ravenously hungry 2 year old son---that says, "eat, eat, mama, eat," wasn't here to remind me. (My poor, starving husband!)

I did NOT enjoy a fun visit from my friend, Melanie, and then go horseback riding with her. And it was most certainly NOT my first time on a horse. Nope, again, NOT me! (Don't I look extremely calm for being AFRAID FOR MY LIFE!)


I did NOT complete fly off the handle with my husband because I was frustrated with how little we had gotten done during his 2 days off and allow myself to wallow in self-pity when things didn't go my way...like when it RAINED all week so I couldn't complete my BIG project of staining our GINORMOUS deck and swing set. Nope, I'm sure I was completely under control the entire time and wasn't phased in the least!

I did NOT buy a very cute dress to wear on a "hot" date with my husband...a much lower cut dress than I usually wear because I wanted to look "foxy" for Brad.


Since my children were gone, I did NOT allow the house to fall into utter disarray (because I could leave all the stain, paint, tools, step ladders, etc. without fearing for my children's safety) and THEN spend 1/2 a day cleaning it up before friends came over for dinner Saturday night.

I did NOT think through the fact that my children were going to be at Grandma and Papa's house on Father's Day...yup, I certainly wouldn't have done that!

At church, I most certainly did NOT visit our nursery...even though I had NO children in the nursery/children's program because they were 5 1/2 hours away! No, why would I go there when I had no children? What crazy lady does that?

I was NOT completely excited and a little nervous to meet up with an old high school friend...of whom I had not seen in 14 years! It was certainly NOT an amazing time reconnecting and catching up. And it was absolutely NOT one of the highlights of my weekend!


Ahhh, does everyone feel better? I know I do! Have a GREAT week!

1 comment:

gianna said...

beautiful! i love your dress! foxy is the perfect word!