Friday, June 12, 2009

Friday Fave Five


Join me for Friday's Fave Fives, brought to us by Susanne at Living to tell the Story.

Reflection is good for the heart and the soul. And through that reflection we realize what we have and become grateful for the many blessings in our life.

1. Loving on and feeding students. I LOVE having students in our home. And this week we had A LOT of students over, and I made a LOT of food! I fed Brad's small group of junior/senior guys supper Sunday night. Tacos....YUMMY! I then fed a college aged student who lives nearby a late supper around 11:00 p.m. that night. Then we grilled out for 14 eighth grade students Monday night. Finally on Tuesday, I had a former student over for lunch. Life gets crazy at times, but I do LOVE having a full house and cooking food to fill all those hungry mouths.

2. A glorious weekend with Gianna. I had such a great time with my girlfriend Gianna last weekend. We have not been able to spend that much time together for many, many months...maybe even years. I truly cherish her friendship and was so thrilled that she came for a visit.


3. FINALLY sunny weather! Praise God summer is almost here in Minnesota! It took long enough! My week has been full of playdates at the park, time riding bikes and playing on the swingset, and many, many walks.


4. Playing "beauty salon" with my kiddos. I don't know why I hadn't thought of this sooner, but I discovered a new "game" that my kids love. They spent over a half hour every day playing beauty salon with me. They played so well together, and I actually enjoyed having them comb and brush my hair...it was actually kinda relaxing!

5. New wardrobe. Since I've now lost 17 pounds....YAHOO!...I am fitting into clothes I haven't fit in since BEFORE I got pregnant with Sammy (my adorable 3 1/2 year old). I have some super cute skirts and capris I had completely forgotten about. Yeah for me...and yeah for my pocketbook!

Have a WONDERFUL Friday!

10 comments:

Carleen said...

One of my fondest memories as a kid was playing beauty shop with my grandmother. She would let me brush her hair for hours on end. When my daughter and niece wanted to play the same game with me, I learned why my grandmother liked it so much -- it's relaxing to be pampered by such creative little hands!

Betty said...

Congrats on the weight loss! That´s impressive!
I hope your weather continues to warm up.

Barbara H. said...

Congratulations on the weight loss!! How fun to fit back into favorite things -- as much fun as getting new clothes!

You sound like you have a real heart of hospitality.

We had some sunny weather for a while there, but it's been rainy a lot this week. I know we need it, but...I'll be glad when the clouds go away!

ellen b said...

Sounds like a wonderful week filled with friends and service! Congratulations on the weight loss. That is great!
:0)Beauty shop..what fun :0)

Susanne said...

I used to love playing beauty salon with my mom and sis. We always said we'd open a salon with me and sis being the hair dressers and mom being the hostess. It never did come about but oh we had fun as kids playing that and dreaming.

Yay for fitting into new clothes of a smaller size. congrats.

The swing picture is absolutely adorable. Love it. It's finally beautiful weather here too, hopefully to stay. We had frost warnings every night for 5 days this last week. Crazy for June!

Susan at Stony River said...

Congratulations on those 17 pounds! I'm working on it... with, er, slower success LOL. Playing with the kids is even better; I enjoyed your five and the photos.

Brenda said...

Congrats on the weight loss! I love feeding people in my home as well. Love the talk around the table and the satisfaction full tummies gives.

gianna said...

I didn't mention our weekend together or the fact that i got to see amy, but it was. i was in a huge hurry to get this done over lunch at work. but you were a favorite. sorry i forgot to mention it on my post!

Karyn said...

congrats on the weight loss! Sounds like you had a full/happy week!

Robin said...

Great weight loss! I just reached my first goal of 5 pounds - many, many more to go but I like 5 pound mini goals to keep me encouraged.
It must feel wonderful to get into some old clothes you forgot you had!