Saturday, June 27, 2009

Where have I been?

My computer has been pretty lonely lately (and is collecting quite a bit of dust, I might add). My status updates on Facebook and blog posts have been few and far between. Even though I have been "kid-free" for the past 12 days, it has NOT been a a vacation. Every day has been very busy...just read my last "Not Me, Monday" post to see pics from horseback riding, dinner with an old friend, and many dates with my husband...not to mention the countless trips to EVERY home improvement store in town, the hours of painting, and the great frustration over the endless rain and its hindering of our many projects.

But this week I got to go on our youth group's senior high camping trip. It has been a REALLY long time...like over 4 years...since I've attended a youth group trip longer than a weekend WITHOUT bringing our children.

And it was a blast!


There is nothing better than staying up late talking with students about favorite memories, current frustrations, parent issues, and insecurities.


And the tubing, canoeing, scavenger hunts, camp food, and time around the campfire weren't bad either!

No comments: