Monday, June 08, 2009

Not me, Monday: A weekend with a friend!


Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have NOT been doing this week.

Confession is so good for the soul!

I did NOT (because I was too tired and unmotivated all week) leave most of my house cleaning for Friday...right before my friend Gianna arrived...even though I know she wouldn't have minded a slightly unkept house.

I did NOT let Sammy stay up until 10:00 so that she could play a little with her friends...and seriously, it's hard to get 5 children to sleep in one little house!

I was NOT relieved that we were able to figure out sleeping arrangements for three adults (Brad and I in our bedroom and Gianna on the couch), a 4 year old (in Sammy's room), a 3 1/2 year old (in Caleb's room), a 2 1/2 year old, (in Sammy's room), a 2 year old (in his room), and one 1 year old (in the guest bathroom/laundry room) in our 1300 square foot house.

We did NOT have children who were incredibly GREAT nappers, but really BAD night sleepers. See Gianna's blog for one of our CRAZY nights.

I did NOT wake up at 4:00 a.m. to find Brin in our bathroom with her diaper off and perfectly awake and happy and then proceed to wander around my house looking for Gianna...since she was not on the couch where she was supposed to be. I did NOT (for one small second) think the rapture had happened and that she had been taken! And I did NOT eventually find her sleeping in a kid's tent in Sammy's room. You NEED to click on Gianna's blog for the full details!

I do NOT have a son who sleeps GREAT every night, but the two nights Gianna is here to visit wakes up both nights SCREAMING. (He slept perfectly last night...you know the night AFTER Gianna left!)

I was NOT secretly happy that since Gianna came to visit that I did not have to attend five graduation open houses. (I LOVE our students, but grad parties with 2 small children in rainy and cold weather is not fun!)

I was NOT grateful to learn at times this weekend that I my children are not the only crazy, loud children on the planet.

I do NOT have a son who crys out, "eat, eat, eat" right before EVERY meal and EVERY snack time and appears to be starving all day long...just ask Gianna!


We did NOT have little girls who played an insane amount of dress-up this weekend!


See!


I did NOT enjoy reconnecting my friend Gianna to her high school "camp" friend and spending a couple of hours with both of them.

I did NOT fall alsleep Saturday night while talking to Gianna and Brad, and then pretend to have NOT fallen asleep and try to rejoin their conversation....and say something COMPLETELY unrelated to what they were CURRENTLY talking about.

I did NOT allow Gianna to struggle with and walk out of church with 3 of our 5 chidren, while Brad and I each had one. I would NEVER be that unhelpful!

I did NOT have a smashing good time with my friend Gianna.

1 comment:

gianna said...

i did NOT either! it was SOOOOOO great! oh lol! that was a GREAT post!