Friday, June 05, 2009

First Friday's Fave Fives!


Reflection is good for the heart and the soul. And through that reflection we realize what we have and become grateful for the many blessings in our life.

Join me for my first ever Friday's Fave Fives, brought to us by Susanne at Living to tell the Story.

1. I am so blessed to have a wonderful group of fellow young moms in my life. And summer in Minnesota is NOT complete without weekly play dates and picnics at the park.

See! Meet Megan and her kids...

Bible Study Fellowship buddies, Jackie and Amy...

Our adorable children playing contentedly...

Christina and her little darlings...

Me and my kiddos...who were both both WAY more excited about their yummy brownie than in taking a picture!

2. I LIVE for Thursday nights with the girls at Starbucks. Our wonderful husbands take the kids so we can meet and chat, work through a Bible study together, drink some fabulous coffee, and lift one another up in prayer. Seriously, I don't know how I survived without this time with the girls!

3. On Tuesday night, we drove 2 hours down to the Twin Cities, dropped off the kids with some friends, and went to a Minnesota Twins game. We went to Twins games a ton when we were in college and also when we later lived there. It was a WONDERFUL evening that included a free dinner, a great catch from center fielder, Carlos Gomez, a win by the Twins and 5 hours of time with my wonderful husband and another "couple" friends. (If you haven't realized yet, date night is a non-negotiable in our home.)

4. My adorable daughter Sammy. Our nursery coordinator likes to call Sammy, "Sammy-pajammy." On Sunday, she called Sammy by this nickname and Sammy responded, "No, I'm Sammy in a dress!" (Not only is she beautiful, confident, and self-assured, she's also--as my friend Gianna mentioned--quite blunt!)


5. My youngest, Caleb, will be 2 next month. And since he was a newborn, I have been in graduate school and losing weight was placed on the back burner. Since April I have been trying my hardest to lose his baby weight and have lost 16 pounds in the last 2 months! Yahoo! I feel like I have a whole new wardrobe...you know, of the clothes you USED to fit into BEFORE you had kids.

Have a BLESSED Friday!

13 comments:

aspiritofsimplicity said...

I loved the days when my children were small like this. Most of the days anyway. Congrats on your weight loss. It isn't easy.

Kari said...

WElcome t Fave Five.
What a great list!! Love the day at the park, thursday night's coffee and bible study and your weight loss - AWESOME.

You had a great week!! Thanks for sharing.

Pamela said...

Great post! I remember those play date and picnic days but as my daughter is 15 now, they are just a memory! "Sammy in a dress" is adorable - reminds me of the time when Sophia returned to preschool after an absence and her teacher said, "Did you have pinkeye?" and Sophia said, "No, I have brown eyes!". Congrats on your weight loss - I'm on that journey, too, but mine is going a bit slower than yours.

Have a wonderful weekend.

gianna said...

you were FIRST on the list!!!!!!!! Congrats. Isn't it fun!
Micah didn't make your top 5, huh? just kidding! i can't wait to see you tonight. and run together and blog together. i am so so excited. can you tell? and i love your fave five!

Skoots1moM said...

oh what fun ya'll had
love the pics

Susanne said...

Hi Jenny! Thanks for joining in! I love your list and the picture of your girl is so adorable and she is smart as a whip!

When I had young kids days at the park with other mom's were the best!

Congratulations on your weight loss. That is a great accomplishment.

Jerralea said...

Welcome to Fave Five! Awesome list and great photos.

You sound like a very blessed lady and you had a wonderful week.

I love Sammy's comment - Sammy in a dress. She was just being truthful!

ellen b said...

Hi Jenny! Wow that's a great weight loss for two months! Congratulations.
It is good to get away and enjoy the girls around the Bible :0)
Glad you got to that game, too.
Have a wonderful weekend...

Islandsparrow said...

How wonderful that you have other young moms for fellowship and fun! and how sweet of the husbands to babysit so that you can go each week for Bible study.

Your little girl and boy are sweeties!

Congratulations on the weight loss - I'm working at the same since I have a wedding coming up in Sept!


Happy weekend!

Unknown said...

Welcome from a fellow Minnesotan! We live in the Metro! I need to get to another Twins game! I love going! We ride the light rail when we go! Your children are adorable! I attend a bible study and church book group...and rarely does anything get in the way of that time! Come on over and visit!

Unknown said...

That was fun. Congrats on the weight loss. You go girl!!

jennie.newland said...

I love this idea! Also, congrats on losing the baby weight, my little guy is two and I still have baby weight! Can I be nosey and ask what you are doing to lose the weight? Are you following a program, or going at it on your own?

Joyeful said...

As moms we need those bible study groups! Your kids are just precious and I love what you wrote about yourself in your profile--Loving God IS the one thing we should all strive to do and do well!!

Nice to meet you!